Graduate Student Resources
Graduate Progress Online System Instructions
ME Graduate Student Handbook
*Graduate Students beginning the dissertation/thesis writing process Fall 2022 or later should follow the new formatting guidelines and use the new LaTex/ Microsoft Word templates established by the College of Engineering.
New Formatting Guidelines and Templates
- Dissertation/Thesis Format Guidelines (NEW)
- Dissertation/Thesis LaTeX Template (NEW)
- Students may choose 1 of 2 LaTeX templates available: 1) Simple or 2) Fancy.
- The LaTeX version of the college thesis/dissertation template is also available on Overleaf. Overleaf is a cloud-based LaTeX compiler and is an easy was to start using LaTeX and a convenient way to access the college LaTeX template. To access and use the template in Overleaf, you will first need to register (create an account) on overleaf.com.
- Dissertation/Thesis Microsoft Word Template (NEW)
*Graduate Students who began the dissertation/thesis writing process prior to Fall 2022 may continue using the old formatting guidelines and LaTeX/Microsoft Word templates.
Old Formatting Guidelines and Templates
- Dissertation/Thesis Format Guidelines (OLD)
- Dissertation/Thesis LaTeX Template (OLD)
- Dissertation/Thesis Microsoft Word Template (OLD)
PhD Qualifying Exam Information and Sample Exams