ME DEPARTMENT TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS for fall or winter tuition assistance. Scholarships are given only to admitted ME majors, but pre-professional students can apply in anticipation of being accepted to the program. Apply online at https://meapply.byu.edu/tuition-scholarship. The application window opens on January 1 and all applications are due by March 1 at 5:00pm MT for the following Fall and Winter semesters. All applicants will be notified of the decision by email by mid-summer.
IRA A. FULTON COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIPS. See the College Advisement Center website for scholarships granted through the college. Contact Student Services (EB 246 email@example.com 801-422-4325) for additional information.
STUDENT JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS. See Employment.
BYU FINANCIAL AID. Information on scholarships, grants, and loans is available at BYU Financial Aid.
CURRENT FINANCIAL AID OPPORTUNITIES
Toggle Item5/4/22: 2022 ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship Program
ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship
ExxonMobil Corporation, the largest publicly traded international energy company, has partnered with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) to create fellowship opportunities in the STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) for Hispanic college students. Through HHF’s Latinos On Fast Track (LOFT) program, ExxonMobil seeks to nurture motivated college students across the country, with a passion for Engineering and Science.
Selected students will be exposed to a top-quality company by participating in this signature mentoring program. Each student will be paired up with an ExxonMobil professional to learn how their knowledge and skills are applied in a corporate setting.
The Fellowship consists of five 1-hour meetings with a mentor (virtual or in person), participation in the Harvard-certified ExxonMobil mentee program (on-line), an exclusive curriculum to introduce Fellows to ExxonMobil and career opportunities, and a $1,000 educational grant. In addition, there exists the possibility to interview for ExxonMobil positions (internships/full-time) upon successful completion of the Fellowship.
This opportunity is highly competitive and open to rising sophomores, juniors, Seniors, and Graduate Students attending a 4-year college or university.
Fellowship applicants with the following majors will be given priority:
· Civil Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Computer Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Material Science and Engineering
· Mechanical Engineering
Applicants with these majors will be considered also: Chemistry, Computer Science Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Petroleum Engineering, and Physics.
· Must plan to pursue a career in the fields/majors listed above
· Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
· Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired).
If you have questions, please contact Julian@hispanicheritage.org. Please use "ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship" in the subject line.
The 2022 ExxonMobil LOFT Fellowship Application will close May 15, 2022, @11:59 p.m EDT.
Toggle ItemME Department Tuition Scholarships
Scholarships are given only to admitted ME majors, but pre-professional students can apply in anticipation of being accepted to the program. Apply online at https://meapply.byu.edu/tuition-scholarship by 5:00 p.m. on March 1 for the following Fall and Winter semesters. All applicants will be notified of the decision by email by mid-summer.
Toggle Item2022-23 Utah NASA Space Grant Competitive Opportunities Solicitations
Attached are three internal UNSGC competitive opportunity solicitations for the May 18, 2022 – May 17, 2023 time period (the third year of our current grant cycle). The solicitations being released are in the three categories listed below. Please refer to the specific solicitation for each category for more details and information.
- Faculty Research Seed Funding Awards – can request up to $35,000, 50% cost share requirement
- Higher Education Minigrant Awards- can request between $10,000 and $15,000, no cost share requirement
- K-12 Educational Awards – can request up to $5,000, no cost share requirement
Also attached is Appendix H which was an Appendix NASA provided in our FY 2020-2024 RFP for our Space Grant base award. We are required to align all funding and projects within the four NASA Mission Directorates: (1) Aeronautics Research Mission Directorate, ARMD; (2) Human Exploration and Operations Mission Directorate (HEOMD); (3) Science Mission Directorate (SMD); and (4) Space Technology Mission Directorate (STMD). Please use this document as guidance with your proposal as you align your proposed projects around one of these four NASA Mission Directorates. Please refer to this document as you formulate your proposal.
Also, the first two files are the internal solicitation cover sheet that needs to be the first page of submission of your entire document pdf. I have included it both in pdf and Word formats for your convenience. This page specifies the UNSGC opportunity you are applying for as well as which Mission Directorate your proposal is aligned with.
These opportunities are also being posted on our website at: http://www.utahspacegrant.com/for-educators/ Please advertise these opportunities among the appropriate departments and faculty members at your institutions.
The timeline of these awards is planned as follows:
February 1, 2022 Release of Call for Proposals document
April 6, 2022 Proposals due, 5:00 p.m.
Proposed Timeline (no earlier than these dates)
April 11-29, 2022 Proposals reviewed
May 2, 2022 Award notifications anticipated
May 18, 2022 NASA Space Grant funding year 3 begins*
February 15, 2023 Preliminary reporting due
June 15, 2023 Final results submitted
We look forward to your submissions which are due on April 6, 2022 to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toggle Item$1500 UEC Scholarship Opportunity for AIAA Student Members
Utah Section AIAA Members, especially Student Chapter Members and Leaders-
· Every year, the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Utah Section sponsors a $1,500 Professional Society Service Scholarship to be awarded at the Utah Engineers Council (UEC) Annual Awards Banquet.
· The scholarship encourages and rewards participation and leadership in the student's respective STEM field. Students can be undergraduate or graduate students, but should be currently an AIAA member enrolled at a Utah college, university, or technical college.
· Here’s the on-line application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfn1lKlck0a3g-a981zcbpymnBC1pK3vcWVnFrgQMGVJrWCRw/closedform
· Please answer all questions fully and to the best of your ability.
· Please submit your application by midnight on Thursday Feb 10th. Please note that the form’s dates may not be updated yet for 2022 – the deadline is next week, Thur Feb 10th.
· Funds will be distributed to the winner's school's scholarship office for use in the Spring 2021 and/or Fall 2021 semester. The recipient will also receive two virtual complementary tickets to the (UEC) Engineers-Week banquet on Saturday, February 26 where the award will be announced.
· For any questions, please contact email@example.com
· If you know of a deserving student who’s not currently an AIAA member, go here for membership info to qualify for this scholarship: https://www.aiaa.org/membership/types-of-membership