Monday 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Wednesday 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Dr. Cook earned a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Utah State along with minors in mathematics and Mandarin Chinese. He received Masters and PhD degrees in mechanical engineering from Purdue University. His research has been supported by grants from the US National Science Foundation, the US Department of Agriculture, and industry. His research findings have been published fields as diverse as acoustics, biomechanics, biomedical engineering, agronomy, medicine, and botany.
Research InterestsExperimental and computational biomechanics with emphasis on crop and plant biomechanics, and the influence of biological variation in modeling predictions, stochastic modeling to provide comprehensive insights on model behavior.
Teaching InterestsNumerical Methods, Measurement Systems, Modeling under Uncertainty, Statistics, Computer Programming
- Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering , Purdue University (2009)
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering , Biomechanics, Purdue University (2005)
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering , Mathematics and Mandarin Chinese, Utah State University (2003)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Agronomy Journal (2018 - 2018)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Experimental Botany (2018 - 2018)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Crop and Pasture Science (2018 - 2018)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Biosystems Engineering (2018 - 2018)
- Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer, Field Crops Research (2017 - 2017)