About the Grad Program
The graduate program in mechanical engineering has over one hundred graduate students. The typical time to obtain an MS degree is approximately two years, whereas a PhD degree usually takes four to five years beyond the BS degree.
We offer two graduate degrees:
MS applicants may opt to pursue the following tracks to receiving their MS degree. These tracks must be determined at the time of application. All tracks are thesis oriented.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers strong graduate programs in a variety of areas, including the following:
- Combustion processes
- Computational and experimental fluid mechanics
- Dynamic and mechatronic systems and controls
- Heat transfer
- Product design and development
- Manufacturing systems and processes
- CAM/CAD systems
- Compliant Mechanism
- Materials and materials processing
- Micro-mechanical systems
- Renewable energy